Inventory Management Strategies in Snohomish, Lynnwood, Seattle, WA, and the Surrounding Areas
Refined Consulting Group works with businesses to develop a properly managed inventory control system with inventory management strategies developed by us for you!
Having a great inventory control system eliminates waste, improves pricing and allows for higher first call completion rates. An example is a $3 million company that saves 5 percent by being more efficient in managing inventory. That equates to $150,000 per year. If a service tech spends 30 extra minutes per day tracking down a part and a company employs four techs, that equates to 10 lost billable hours per week multiplied by 52 weeks, which equals 520 lost billable hours a year while techs track down a part.
The objectives of planning an inventory management system include identifying who is responsible, which Min/Max quantities of parts to carry, bin locations and barcodes for inventory, type of inventory replenishment system to use, distribution tools, etc.
Keeping control over field truck inventory can add to business profits and eliminate excess, lost, stolen, or obsolete materials.
Refined Consulting Group helps with the implementation, tracking, and ongoing inventory replenishment and accountability.
Inventory management processes we help to set up with our clients include:
- Standardized truck stocking lists for service, plumbing, and installation departments.
- Just in Time (JIT) Replenishment Process through distribution
- Standardized paperwork with field software integration
- Purchase order process – Tie customer job to parts usage via field software
- Accounting integration of tracking purchase orders
- Part inventory identification, application and installation training, and development